TESTIMONIALS from Rxercise participants:
*Reproduced with permission
1. Ruth Arbour: Before I started with the Rxercise program, I had been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, carried excess weight, had muscle pain and a general lack of strength. After being on the program for 3 months I have seen remarkable results. My A1C levels which indicate how my body manages blood sugar are now in a normal range. I have dropped one of my blood pressure medications and I have a noticeable increase in energy. My overall strength has increased, especially in my legs. I have lost 10 pounds and I have even dropped a shirt and pant size.
What makes Rxercise different is the support and personalized instruction. My trainer listens to me and I am not worried about getting hurt. Overall, this program has been excellent in helping me to reach my goals and I plan to continue with my new lifestyle.
2. Margaret Boyd: My biggest motivation for participating in the Rxercise program was facing the fact that I was trading in my good health for poor eating habits and lack of exercise. I was long past the point where I felt just a little uncomfortable in my “normal size” clothes-as my “new normal” sizes kept getting bigger and bigger and my feet were hurting more and more. Unfortunately, the biggest changes weren’t things I could see
and feel on the outside- some of the numbers on my lab tests had risen into the danger zone. I kept hearing my friends talk about their serious health problems and knew that if
I didn’t make some big changes, I would soon be joining them.
After 3 months in the program, my new assessment showed that all of my numbers that had previously been either approaching or had already reached the danger zone, were returning to a normal range. My blood pressure went from a dangerous 154/84 to a healthier 128/78. I have lost 24 lbs and my total cholesterol levels have dropped as well.
I recently met with my primary care physician and he told me to keep up the good work because all my numbers are in normal ranges. I have lost inches on my waist and hips
and am wearing clothes that haven’t fit me in years. The thing I like best about the program is the feeling that I am part of a team and everyone on my wellness team is committed to helping me reach my goals. I feel like this program has given me a new lease on life and a renewed commitment to staying healthy.
3. Mike Waguespack: I started exercising on my own years ago. I found that every time
I worked out on my own, I also had increased pain and injury. After being in a car accident and years of living with shoulder, knee, back and elbow pain, I began working with Bill and Rxercise. With their program, I get individual attention, detailed workouts and learn effective exercise technique.
All of my aches and pains are gone and I can now really enjoy my golf game. I have increased energy and feel better about the way I look. No, it didn’t happen overnight.
In fact, I wanted to quit after my first 3 months. It took me at least 6 months before I really started seeing the results I was looking for and now I can’t imagine living an unhealthy lifestyle. I think everyone owes it to themselves and their families to stay as healthy as possible.
4. Clarence Landry: I originally started this program to provide moral support for my wife who was transferring from physical therapy to a regular exercise program. I soon realized that Rxercise was going to help me as well since I had weight to lose and high cholesterol and blood sugar levels. After several months in the program, I have already lost 15 pounds and my doctor says my cholesterol and blood sugar levels have improved dramatically.
I really like that the program is associated with Physical Therapy. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and they have really taken a personal interest in me and my wife. I like how my workouts are designed just for me and changed periodically to ensure I am making progress and to prevent boredom.
Overall, my physical condition has really improved. I have more energy and have enjoyed my progressively harder workouts as I have gotten stronger. Although the first few months were challenging, over time it has gotten easier and I feel proud about my progress.
5. Mac Versaw: Being recently retired, I was looking forward to having the time and energy to do all of the things I didn’t have time for while I was working. Although I now had the time, I still didn’t have the energy I wanted to enjoy life. I knew I was overweight and my doctor recommended that I lose at least 15 pounds since my blood glucose tests were borderline.
Since joining Rxercise, I have lost 30 pounds and I am looking to buy a smaller belt to fit my newly trimmed waistline. In addition to having the energy I was looking for, I also feel stronger, have more stamina, sleep better and I have lowered my blood pressure.
I really enjoy having a knowledgeable and friendly exercise specialist to supervise my workouts. I have also seen these results without “dieting.” Although I try to eat healthfully most of the time, I don’t feel deprived and my overall appetite has decreased. In the past
I found it difficult to change my “old” habits. Now I look forward to the training sessions
and enjoy my new lifestyle.
6. Tony DeBenedetto: My lack of physical conditioning was affecting my quality of life on
a daily basis. I was becoming frail which affected my strength and balance. It was difficult for me to participate in my favorite hobby-gardening. I tired easily and needed help with several health issues including diabetes. My primary goal was to turn back the clock.
A wellness program was designed to address my specific needs and match my level of ability. The focus was on strength gain, balance and endurance. I was also coached on the importance of good nutrition. As my fitness changed, the program changed accordingly. I am delighted with my results, as is my physician.
I enjoy the personal attention I receive, the friendly environment and the knowledgeable staff. My energy level is up and I am more self confident in my physical ability. I can now live life more fully thanks to the Rxercise program.
7. Maureen Laurent: My motivation to adopt a healthy lifestyle came just as I was reaching my 50th birthday. I made the decision to accept personal responsibility for my state of wellness. When I first started with Rxercise I had pain in my feet and knees. I lacked energy and did not sleep well. I also managed stress with food which led to over eating.
After 23 months in the program, I have lost 100 lbs and gone from a size 22 to a size 12.
I am now virtually pain free and sleep soundly. I have learned how to manage my stress with exercise and good nutrition. I attribute my success to the personalized program focusing on cardio, strength training and nutrition. While my progress has been monitored by the staff, they impart just the right amount of personal accountability to keep me motivated and challenged to achieve more. I am amazed at how my body has been able
to repair itself and regain its vigor.
8. Harry Wells: I went to the doctor for my annual physical and he wanted to put me on medications for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I told him that I didn’t like to take medicine and asked what my other options were. He said that there was another option, but he didn’t think I would do it-diet and exercise. I decided to take my doctor’s challenge and try the diet and exercise route.
After joining the program, my cholesterol and blood pressure levels are normal and I have lost 25 lbs. My old sports injuries are healed and I am now the captain of my softball team. The personalized training that the exercise specialists provide has helped me to be more active and reach my goal of no medications. I have more energy, strength and confidence in my physical abilities. I feel better than I have in the last 20 years.
9. Bob Turgeon: I wanted to improve my overall fitness and lead a healthier lifestyle.
I was having problems with my knee movement and balance. I also needed to lose excess weight and increase my strength.
The exercise specialists are knowledgeable and motivational. I have reached my goals.
I have lost 25 lbs, with increased energy and I am happier with my appearance. My knee movement and balance are much improved. I am also more aware of the importance of nutrition to my health.
Every time I see my doctor he has a positive remark about my fitness status and overall health. I have also noticed that my healthier lifestyle has given me more drive in my competitive line of work.
10. Trey Eubanks: I was having trouble being consistent with my own exercise program. This is no longer the case for me. The personalized program is set up for me so I don’t waste time trying to figure out what to do. I just show up and follow the program they have designed especially for me. Since I know I have a scheduled workout time, I am motivated to show up for every workout.
I have lost over 25 lbs, my energy is greater now and I am able to run farther. My
co-workers and friends have all noticed a difference in my demeanor and energy levels.
I am glad to be back in a consistent workout routine and I plan to continue.
11. Debbie Stiltner: As I have watched my parents age, my own health and fitness goals have become a greater priority. With a family history of heart disease and osteoporosis,
I wanted to make sure I was doing everything I could to keep myself healthy. I am also the mother of three boys and I wanted to be a positive role model for them.
Since beginning my program, I have noticed that exercise is helping me to manage my stressful lifestyle and give me increased energy. I have combined my exercise routine with healthy eating habits and have lost 33 lbs. What I like about the program is that the staff maximizes my exercise time by having my workouts ready to go and giving instruction on how to perform each one properly. My doctors have noticed how my new routine has improved my health and I look forward to a healthy future with my 3 boys.
12. Barbara Gilliam: After my hysterectomy, I gained almost 20 lbs. During this time I
was exercising on my own, but the weight kept inching upward. In addition, I have a family history of heart disease, cancer and diabetes which was motivating me to improve my health.
After working with the staff, I have lost weight and inches and have gone from a size 10 to a size 4. Not only do I look different on the outside, but my cholesterol and glucose levels have also decreased. I have an increase in strength and energy levels and recently competed in the Senior Olympic Fitness Challenge where I achieved the Elite level.
I really like the structured program that Rxercise develops for each client. The staff is well informed and they are a pleasure to work with. I have always been active and exercised on my own, but after joining this program I have totally reshaped my body and feel I am in the best shape of my life.